A new year means 365 more chances to follow your dreams, have new adventures and chase your passions. Its also a time to reflect on the previous year, the highs the lows and everything in between. 2017 was a bitter sweet year for me it was a roller coaster emotionally and physically. So lets do a quick look back on the year!
I rang last year in style, I spent all of Christmas break in five countries in Europe and rang out the year in Vienna Austria at a ball. I basically did it the fanciest way possible and my wanderlust just got worse! I knew I wanted to leave behind my corporate life and chase my passions but how?
I spent some time exploring my own backyard in San Diego and it was amazing. The more I saw the more I fell in love with the city and travel!
More golden California coast, I was loving exploring my own state. Its funny how little we explore of our own home state or country and all we can miss!
I spent April at Lake Gregory with my brothers bonding and enjoying the lake life. Also tried out extensions for some mermaid hair and that was a no go. I know people love them but it just doesn’t work for my active lifestyle.
I spent May enjoying the Super Bloom in California and it was amazing! If your ever in San Diego in spring time then you have to go to the flower fields its gorgeous.
June was amazing it was the kick off to summer and I celebrated by going to Disneyland and the Del Mar Fair. It also was the month I launched this blog and carved out my little space of the internet. I started my youtube account and instagram and dove straight into the deep end. I hadn’t been on social media since 2008 aka Myspace and had ZERO idea what I was doing. I had a dream, some ideas and I wanted to pursue entrepreneurship and I wanted to be excited again. A dream is not meant to be easy and its never going to be “right” so just jump and do it.
Me and my mom took a road trip to Portland Oregon! We passed through San Francisco and caught the bridge at its finest. I was just starting to think about my future and where I wanted everything to go. Let me tell you its harder then you think, the anxiety of not having enough likes, followers, etc started to break me down. Comparing yourself to everyone else and measuring your successes to others.
I DID IT! I quit my 9 to 5 to pursue my passions and disclaimer NOT WHAT I EXCEPTED like at all. I like to be honest, candid and real on my blog. So full disclaimer I left without a real plan , no savings like so many of the blogs I had read. I thought it would all work out and like the stars would align for me. Nope not at all if anything I felt worse because I wasn’t where I thought I should be. I am my own worst critic, being a Virgo means I am a perfectionist. I wanted it to work and it didn’t. That saying I got the money not the time, got the time not the money is way to true. However I did do something impressive I moved to Indonesia for six weeks, so I like to remind myself of the small victories. I started off with a pit stop in Shanghai China and it was amazing.
September was hands down the best month of the year. I was in a whole new country alone, living my dream, focusing on my future. I went to monkey forest, saw amazing rice fields, climbed a mountain at 2:00am and met some amazing people! My divorce had just finalized and in a sense it was time to start over. I was still figuring it all out, being single after ten years, leaving my career of eight years and wondering was I crazy or making the best move of my life?
I went to Montana and it was amazing! I am making some big changes in 2018 and this trip really put those things in motion. (more on that later)
Explored an amazing ranch in Southern California and did a fun fashion shoot! Had some real moments of is this is working and some self doubt on my path (which is normal but most people won’t admit it!)
This month was hard, my nana had surgery for cancer which was rough. Me and mom took a roadtrip all the way to Washington and made a pit stop in Nevada and ended in Spokane. It was a sad trip but she is on the mend and it was eye opening and that leads me into my 2018 resolutions.
- Live life in the moment no time is guaranteed to us, sickness, divorce, financial hardships can happen at any time to anyone so enjoy the good times
- To pursue my passions even fiercer then before and to be accountable, for years I was a wife, great at my career those things defined me but they weren’t me. I live for me now and what I want to do – no one else.
- To publish the book I have been working on since 2012. I wanted it to be perfect, I judged myself that people would hate it and have put it off. I will finish and publish regardless of if my mom is the only one to read it because I WANT it, its my passion regardless of it successes.
- To grow my business even more, but to NOT compare myself to everyone else, to be comfortable going at my own speed and pace. Nothing worth having is easy or quick, I believe the things that come slow will stay around for the long haul.
- To practice more self love and self care. I am changing my skincare regime, my body care, my exercise, my diet and will love my body!
- To organize my self and keep business and personal separate and give both 100%
- To buy a house and a new car that I have my eye on (cough*mercedes benz*cough)
- To pursue my masters degree and higher education
- Grow my Instagram to 50K followers
- Be better in my faith, and continue to walk with Jesus
- BE HAPPY and live this life
Wander and Live!
Check out my other social media and follow along
Instagram – @theblushjournal
Facebook – @theblushjournal
Twitter – @blushjournal
Youtube – The Blush Journal